Monday, July 25, 2005

a visit to the USA without seeing the family.... not possible

brothers and anna
me, my brother jay with his daughter Anna, and my brother Miles

Prior to convention in Chicago I made a short detour to Oregon to visit the family and friends there. After all, how could I return to the States and not visit the family? Unfortunately time did not allow for me to see all my family (those in California as well as my sister Corrine who was away) but the time I did spend with my family in Oregon was splendid. I had the opportunity to see my niece, Anna, who for whatever reason will not stop growing while I am away. While I was visiting, she began taking her first few steps on her own! I also was blessed to be able to spend a couple days with my brother Miles. Because he is in the military, we thought he would be deployed back to Iraq before I got into Oregon, but thankfully they delayed his departure date and he was able to visit us! It was the first time I had seen him in about 4 or so years, so we most definitely had a great time together.

No comments: