Monday, July 25, 2005

an unexpected visit to the homeland

chicago bridges


During the end of May and first part of June I was blessed to be able to return to the USA. The primary purpose of my trip to the USA was to attend the International Foursquare Convention in the "windy city" otherwise known as Chicago. Foursquare Missions International blessed me and many of the other missionaries from around the globe by paying our way to attend.

The few days prior to the start of Convention, the Foursquare missionaries had meetings together. This was a time for the missionaries to get to know one another as well as to help strategize for the future. It was a pleasure for me to meet many of the missionaries I have never met before and to make new friendships. I was blessed to see several young people like myself joining the mission-field.

Convention was an amazing time of refreshment for me personally. I value the times I can worship in the English language! I also had the privelege of listening to many great speakers and attend valuable worshops. To be quite honest, most the time, from my experience, conventions of the sort are more for visiting the city in which they are held then for the convention itself. That is not the case with this convention. I personally and what appeared to be the vast majority of the attendees had an amazing time of encouragement and worship in the presence of God!

Besides a great convention, rest and visiting the great city of the Chicago, one of the best parts for me was my reunion with old friends. I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with many friends whom I have not seen since I graduated from LIFE Bible College in 2000. It is truly amazing to see the many places in the US and around the world God has taken myself and those friends I went to college with.

I am so thankful I was given this opportunity!

No comments: