Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Perfection or Honesty You Cannot Buy



We have two kids – a girl and a boy. So in the eyes of many we have reached the perfection, and should stop having children. When I was pregnant with Eva, everybody wished me a boy. When I was expecting Oliver – everybody still wished a boy. To attain the perfect duo, I suppose. And here we are – raising both a girl and a boy. Now, Albanians love sharing their opinions; with friends and strangers alike. So I should really stop getting surprised when some grandma on our first encounter honestly advises, “Be careful now. Don’t make more babies.” I love to tease them by expressing my liking of big families. In response they shake their heads with a confident, “Two is enough.” And maybe they are right, after all. If we had a third child and brought our perfect status quo to an end, there’d be no way back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A few is better than two! :)